Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Somebody Will Have To Pay


Sorry for the delay folks. Had a few technical problems which is still to be resolved. That is the problem being first adopters. When I bought the Vista machine I knew it was going to be trouble but I had no idea how much. The webcam that came with the laptop does not even work with the driver that came with it. But kudos to the Dell people, they were quick to admit their mistake and sent me an email to tell me about it. They were also kind enough to send me a cd for the new driver, which till today I have not bothered to upload.

The real problem I had was with the scanner. The ancient but cheap Microtek scanner just won't work with Vista. Looks like I will have to fork out more money for a scanner. I guess this is what keeps the computer industry running. Built-in obsolescence. With every new OS by Microsoft, the industry is renewed with new demand for old stuff. When will this stop? Or will it.

Today's paper in the Sun (http://www.sun2surf.com/article.cfm?id=19044) has put the Transport Ministry wholly at fault for the RM4.8billion bail out for PKRZ. I wonder if the minister is aware of the papers he signed and its implications. How can Surat Sokongan become Surat Guarantor? Maybe this is to protect the financial industry, so that somebody will pay for the massive loans given out. If the financial industry is not able to collect, the financial system might collapse and we could be in really deep shit.

The whole arrangement stinks, of course. We have one party who is selling the land and then the same party get to develop it on a turnkey basis. The party who bought the land at a high price hands it back to the seller to be develop. It seems all the risk is on the buyer( that is you and me folks) and the seller has already made a bundle without even developing it.

SO who pays in the end? Take part in the survey.

No comments: